Welcome to Blondes vs Brunettes
Let’s tackle Alzheimer’s
|Saturday, June 12 2010 |
|Your Town, ST|
|123 Main Street/b>|
Whether you’re blonde or brunette – or somewhere in between – you can team up to help end Alzheimer’s! All of the tools you need to participate and raise money are right here:
1. Blonde or brunette? Sign up for the team that reflects the shade you’re sporting.
2. Create your own fundraising Web site and customize it with photos and a story or personal message.
3. Set a fundraising goal! Send e-mails to friends, family and co-workers asking them to donate to your campaign.
4. Rally your fans! Let your donors know that with a minimum donation of $25 they will receive a ticket to the game.
5. Get ready to rumble! Time to take on the opposition and celebrate the difference you are making in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
Blondes vs. Brunettes is a volunteer-driven event that raises awareness and funds for the Alzheimer’s Association. Two teams of women – divided to reflect the age-old rivalry between blondes and brunettes – compete in a flag football game to help end Alzheimer’s. Teams also recruit coaches, announcers and other volunteers to build an atmosphere of fierce, friendly competition.
Leading up to game day, teams participate in a series of events to socialize and increase awareness for Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, each player works to raise money to benefit the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. Ultimately, Blondes vs. Brunettes hopes to meld the passion and spirit of young community leaders with the fight to end Alzheimer’s.
The Alzheimer’s Association, the leader in Alzheimer research, care and support, is the first and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to supporting all affected and to finding prevention methods, treatments and a cure for Alzheimer’s.